This Saturday at the Museum was especially fun since we were celebrating National Ice Cream Day! We made some tasty ice cream treats using only a couple simple ingredients.
Ice Cream in a Bag Recipe:
1 tbsp. sugar
1/2 cup milk or half-and-half
1/4 tsp. vanilla
6 tbsp. rock salt
1 sandwich plastic food storage bag (Ziploc, Glad, etc.)
1 quart-size plastic food storage bag
How to Make It:
1. Fill the larger bag half full of ice, and add rock salt. Seal the bag
2. Put milk, vanilla, and sugar into the small bag, and seal it.
3. Place the small bag inside the large one, and seal it again carefully
4. Shake the contents until the mixture is ice cream, which should only take a few minutes
5. Wipe off the top of the small bag, open carefully, and enjoy! Yum!
Gathering up all the necessary ingredients
Working together to make some ice cream!
Yum- that looks tasty!
Shakin' up the ice cream mixture
Looks like they're enjoying a cool treat!
Another great feature of our S@TM program is guided public tours through the wedding dress exhibition! The Curator of Ethnology and Textiles, Mei Campbell, led our visitors through the gallery.
We hope everyone had a great time making ice cream for National Ice Cream Day! The Museum is always a great place to cool off when the temperatures in Lubbock get over 100!
Questions about programs in the Education Division?
Contact us: 806.742.2432 or email@example.com